Deep South Press
The “Question Me a Novel” workbook is designed for writers who:
- Want to write a novel but don’t know where to start
- Have started a novel but don’t know how to finish
- Have written one or more novels that feel flat and lacking in depth
Based on the premise that you are the expert on your novel, the system leads you through a series of open-ended, non-prescriptive questions and exercises that can take you all the way from the seed of an idea to a finished book, or move you through a “stuck” spot in your story. Whatever your genre, whether you’re a pantser or a plotter, this nuts & bolts workbook will give you practical, step-by-step strategies to take you from the initial idea to a completed first draft.
You’ll learn how to:
- create a strong foundation for your novel
- create memorable characters and a compelling plot
- add depth and complexity
- use background and sensory details to bring the world of your story to life
- and much more
The workbook can be used alone or as a companion to the Question Me a Novel workshop.
Here’s what some Question Me a Novel workshop participants have to say:
“I’m at Starbucks with no writer’s block, thanks to you! I have a plan now! Sorry about all the exclamation points but I had been stuck for months and it’s so nice to be unstuck!” – Jan Little
“Yesterday’s workshop was so good. Every section was helpful….I attended [some other writing workshops] a few years ago, and they were perfectly fine, but compared to yours they’re quite sketchy. My point is not to criticize them but to point out that you offer what fiction writers really need.” – Lynette Ingram